Monday, October 26, 2009

Tea Time

(Tree Gold)

We ran around all weekend, mostly in north Georgia where we went to our friend's wedding in Big Canoe. Sadly, we were there for less than 24 hours, but it was long enough to take in breathtaking mountain vistas and Fall's gift of the colors ochre and red ochre. Apparently ochre is the earliest color known to man, which might explain the whimsy I feel when taking in its beauty. Red ochre has often been used in rituals to symbolize blood and rebirth. But I like the color best on my lips for a night out of dinner and dancing.

This week's Tea Time post was something I stumbled upon and immediately let out a giggle. My favorite line:

'In 1650 Blaise Pascal turned away from his studies in mathematics to contemplate the “greatness and the misery of man.” He decided, ”Most of the evils of life arise from man’s being unable to sit still in a room.” It only follows then that lying in bed must be a virtue.'

No comments: