Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dabbling with Drew

I just got off the phone with printmaker, Andrew Blanchard. He was telling me about his new work, which features homes in his nearby Spartanburg, SC. I've been a fan of Blanchard's work since I met him when I was an undergraduate studying printmaking at the University of Mississippi. He was finishing his MFA in Printmaking. Since then, I've amassed a nice collection of his prints, which fill the walls of my living room/office and kitchen. Each print documents transition in his life: from new love to marriage, then a move to Chicago, and finally, setting up home.

Next week, I'll interview Blanchard about one of the prints he recently finished...

1 comment:

wcs said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Unfortunately, you've already seen the extent of my knowledge about the snails around here. I wish I could be of more help, but it's not my area of expertise.

I'm not even sure if the snails we eat are local or come from another region!